Monday, November 14, 2016

Puppies are here!

Woo hoo!  We have 4 healthy puppies and a healthy momma.  I heard squeaking at 2am on Sunday morning over the monitor and jumped out of bed and ran down stairs to find 2 puppies already cleaned off.  I took Macy into the garage to her whelping pool and she had two more.  After 4 hours of waiting and watching Macy I decided I needed to take her to the vet to make sure she was done.  I called my mom and woke her up and she headed in with me, Macy and the pups.  We met the vet and he thought she looked like she had more, as did my mom and I.  The vet took an x-ray and NO more puppies.  I really expected to have more than 4 puppies but I am so thankful that Macy didn't have to have any extra help, especially a c-section.  I feel like I prepped for a marathon and it turned out to be a little sprint! Better safe than sorry though :)  Our last litter was 9 puppies and we had one a couple years ago with 12, the pool looks empty with only 4 puppies.  At least these 4 will have PLENTY to eat!   

We have 2 females and 2 males, here are some pics!

 The darkest pup is a female


 Above: On our way to the vet.  I love the sweet basket of puppies!!!
Below:  Waiting for the results of the x-ray. 

Puppy SQUEAKS!
Video below:


No comments:

Post a Comment