Friday, April 12, 2024

The PUPPIES are HERE!!!!

 Wow! What a busy week! Saturday we welcomed 9 healthy Golden Retriever pups!

Date of birth: April 6, 2024

We started our day normal, getting ready for a busy Saturday. 
Calisee took Chloe down to do pig chores, Luke and Dylan headed to Sisters for a track meet and Richie and I packed things up to head to our first soccer game and then track right after.  Just prior to leaving for soccer, and without any warning, Chloe started having puppies!  I stayed behind to help her and called a friend who has whelped many litters over the years. With our past litters my mom has come and sat and helped me, it was different this time without her. She would have been 68 tomorrow, she has been gone 2 1/2 years this month.  I'm grateful for Cindy coming and helping me.  

Chloe did great! The last 2 took longer than the other 7 as Chloe was so tired but she did it!
Everything was going great until Tuesday when she started to bleed heavily.  I was with her all night and by morning I knew we needed to go to the vet.  Tests were ran and an ultrasound was done. She had an infection and her blood levels were reaching dangerously low numbers.  Instead of playing the waiting game and seeing if antibiotics would help we went ahead and did an emergency spay. I'm grateful for our vet and her team at Highland Veterinary Hospital.  Today, Friday, we had a follow-up visit and she is looking and improving great!  I have been weighing the pups multiple times a day and helping with supplemental feed. Chloe's milk is starting to come in much better as she is feeling better.

I would normally do smaller posts everyday or every other day but this week got the best of me.
Below you will find pictures from today to the start of birthing Saturday.

I hope you enjoy the little "squeakers"!






So happy to have momma back!



The girls went with me to get Chloe, she is pretty drugged up but healthy and coming home!


Chloe was gone for around 5 hours so we started puppy supplement!





Above: on our way to the vet, she still was a pretty happy pup!
Below: before we headed to the vet we took a big walk, she laid in the grass and the sun and I sat on the rocks. It was a really nice day!


Wednesday morning I took the bigger pups upstairs with me while I got ready and let the little ones have first dibs on milk.  In the picture you will see the iPad with the camera video.  I have this with me at all times when in the house and at night, my husband has it during the day if I am gone as he works from home. We always have eyes and ears on Chloe and her pups!

























Above: This cracked me up! I ordered pick-up for some hamburger for Chloe and got this huge tube!
Below: We have had many visitors! Chloe LOVES everyone and makes sure she gets up to say "hello" and get some loves from anyone who walks in the door. 






Below: This is the first day!
























No comments:

Post a Comment