Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Questions from our families

Here are some questions I have received:

 Will we have a list of vaccines given or needed?
 When should we take to vet? Next vaccine due when?
 More worm medicine needed?
 How have the pups been used to using the bathroom? Outside?
 in pen in certain spot?
 Been feeding 3 times a day? How much?

Answers:
I have a little packet that you can track her vaccinations and worming throughout her life that I will give you.  She should be wormed again at 12 weeks, or monthly at that point.

Some families like to go straight to the vet and some wait until the next vaccination is due which would be at 12 weeks, August 3rd.  Your vet may have a different schedule to follow than my vet so I would check with them and see what they suggest.

The pups use the bathroom in one corner in their pen in the shavings or on the grass when we are out playing.  I have been free feeding the pups as I want to make sure they all get enough food.  I have not been feeding them at night and they have not been nursing much.  They are on dry food only now.  If you stick with a schedule of 3 times a day I would let her eat what she wants, until full.  In the beginning it may be a little bit of a transition for her to go from free feed to 3 a day so you could modify a little in the beginning if your schedule allows you to.


I also have been asked about crate size:

I have had multiple family and friends start with the large crate and divide it off to make a smaller part for the pup to start in. If you make the crate space to large your puppy may use part as a bathroom and the other for sleeping.  As the puppy grows you can move the divider.  This way you only have to purchase one crate.  It's really just up to the family.  If you are going to be taking the puppy in the car you may want to have a smaller more manageable crate.

New question from July 7th- Have the dewclaws been removed?   Yes, they were removed on May 13th.


If any of you have any more questions please feel free to send them my way!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment