Friday, June 17, 2016

Some more information

I have been asked by two families about scent covered items to take home with your puppy.  I will provide each family with a towel from the puppies pen to take home.  I have two families sending toys to put in with the pups that will go home with them.  If you wish to bring/send a special blanket or toy please feel free to do so. I will warn that puppies chew! Also, I have been told that taking the scent covered towel and wrapping a warm water bottle with it could mimic another puppy and help ease your puppy.

Marvin the Moose will soon be joining the pups courtesy of polka purple collars humans :)


I am feeding the puppies a puppy food from Costco.  I will send the puppies each home with a small bag of food in case you wish to switch to a different brand.  You can switch slowly by mixing the two foods and slowly mixing more of the new and less of the old to hopefully not upset tummies.  Please check with your vet but around 1 year you can switch to an adult food.  I like the grain free food from Costco.  When I checked with my vet he suggested the salmon formula as it contains the least amount of ingredients as to help reduce the chance of allergies.  None of our dogs have allergies.




As far as flee control please check with your vet.  In Central Oregon we get cold enough that flees do not like to live here! YEAH!!  The pups headed to the other side of the mountain may experience some flees but they won't be delivered with them :)

Any other questions you may have please send my way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment